Agricultural Engineering is a study of engineering science disciplines and technology practices for the efficient production and processing of food, feed, fiber and fuels. Here the knowledge of agriculture principles gets combined with the disciplines of animal biology, plant biology and also the principles of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Chemical Engineering.
This course is a combination of the principles of animal biology, plant biology, mechanical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering.
Agriculture Engineering is a technologically sophisticated field that offers bright career prospects and opportunity in any country around the world and also in various sectors.
• 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology is mandatory.
• The entrance examinations are conducted for the admission for B.E./B.Tech course in agricultural engineering. Some colleges consider the marks obtained in 10+2 qualifying examination as well, for selection into these courses.
• M.E./M.Tech programs can be pursued if the individual has completed B.E./B.Tech in the same discipline. Moreover, they don’t need to qualify for the GATE as well.
• Std XII - Stream Sc PCM
• Entrance Exam - ICAR or JEE*
• B.Tech - Agricultural Engg 4yrs
• Exam & Post - GATE M.Tech
• Goal - Agricultural Engg