Automobile Engineering is a branch of Vehicle Engineering which deals with manufacturing, operating automobiles and designing. It includes elements of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and safety engineering when applied to manufacturing, designing and operation of automobiles, motorcycles, and trucks and also includes modifying of vehicles.
Manufacturing zone deals with the assembling and creation of whole parts of automobiles. Automotive engineering is a field of intensive research and involves direct application of formulas and mathematical models.
It is mainly separated into 3 streams such as design components, the system of a vehicle, coordinating tests, design or production engineering which focus mainly on testing of parts.
- 10+2 (Senior Secondary Class XII) or equivalent qualifying examination from recognized University/Board with fairly high marks and aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Bioinformatics, Biomedical, Biotechnology.
- Even after 10th, one can select the diploma program in Automobile Engineering with 50% aggregate marks.
- Selection is made on the basis of marks that a student has scored in +2 and merit in the entrance test like JEE, AIEEE, IIT, state entrance exams, BITSAT and more. This will be conducted both at state and national level.
- For M.E/M.Tech courses the selection is done through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examinations.
- Entrance Exam - JEE Main, AIEEE, BITSAT, IIT JEE
- B.Tech - Automobile Engg 4yrs
- Exam & Post - GATE M.Tech