It is the application of the problem-solving techniques and principles of engineering to medicine and biology. From analysis and diagnosis to treatment and recovery, it has entered the public ethics through the growth of implantable medical devices, like artificial hips, pacemakers and even more modern technologies such as 3D printing of biological organs and stem cell engineering.
Engineering is a very innovative and experimental field as the beginning of ideas leads to everything from aerospace to automobiles, sonar to skyscrapers.
Biomedical Engineering concentrates on the advances that will boost human health care which includes therapy, diagnosis, and monitoring.
- 10+2 (Senior Secondary Class XII) or equivalent qualifying examination from recognized University/Board with 45% marks aggregate in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science/Biology (Botany & Zoology), Biotechnology.
- While getting admission the marks may vary from college to college.
- In some colleges, they conduct entrance exams and the percentage of 12th class will be considered for admission.
- 12th/ Higher Secondary Examination in Maths, Biology with minimum of 50% marks.
- Post Graduation course can be joined in Medical Technology,which is considered equivalent to a post graduation course in Biotechnology.
- After completing his/her MBBS degree a student can opt for post graduation degree in Medical Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/ Medical Technology.
- Many colleges conduct common entrance exam for the admission of B.Tech BME courses.
- Top entrance examinations for B.Tech BME are: JEE, SRMJEEE, MU-OET.