Handloom and Textile Technology is sketched to serve technical personnel to the handloom and textile industries. It deals with the study of cloth analysis, fibers, weaving theory, and fabric calculations, fabric structure, textile chemistry with printing and dyeing, computer color matching, textile testing and quality control, computer-aided textile designing, marketing management and more.
Handloom and Textile Designing is believed to have a good career in designing field. While this designing is traditionally pursued as a vocation course but at present times it has emerged as a full-time career with more courses at postgraduate and graduate level in textile designing.
- Students who finish 10+2 in any stream are eligible for both B Design (4 years) and Diploma (2 years) course.
- Graduate students with any stream are eligible for post graduate diploma courses (4 - 4.5 years).
- Admission is done on the basis of entrance.
- There are many textile manufacturing companies in India and they offer jobs to textile designers, textile design specialists, senior fashion merchandisers and more.
- Textile designers who have just passed out also find jobs in many foreign countries.
- Australia, UK, USA are huge recruiters of textile design professionals.