Information Technology is used as a synonym for computer network and computers. It also encompasses other information spreading technologies like telephones and television. Many industries are bounded with information technology, including software, computer hardware, telecom equipment, e-commerce, electronics, internet, and semiconductors.
The word Information Technology was coined by the Harvard Business Review, to make a difference between purpose-built machines designed to do a limited extent of general purpose computing machines and functions that will program for different tasks. The IT industry has developed from mid 20th century, it surrounds integrated circuits and transistors, like computing potentially advanced energy consumption devices, a revolution that continues today when new technologies emerge.
- 12th passed with minimum qualifying marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Admission is done with common entrance test which is conducted by respective state examination board, university or college.
- Some colleges give admission on the basis of COMEDK, UGT, KCET, and JEE results.
- Can work at IT-sectors as an IT-Consultant, System Developer, Information System Manager, Business Analyst, System Testers, Hardware Engineers.
- Can work as creative problem solvers.
- Companies include software management, Software Development Consultancies, online services and BPO (business process outsource).
- Some emerging companies also give great packages for IT engineers.