MBA in Transport and Logistics is a industry/sector-specific management course. This course is of two years duration in which candidate can focus on two sectors-transport and logistic management. In usual terms, logistics means the commercial activity of shipping goods to the customers. This logistic management applies principles of administration and management to it, making logistics operations much more well-organized. This course is a part of supply chain management. It deals with implementing, planning, and controlling the systematic flow (forward and backward) and storage of goods, services and its associated information between the point of initiation and the point of utilization (customer). Whereas Transporting sector plays an important role in transporting goods from one place to its destination. Transporting industry is an integral part of logistic operations that is taking place all over the world.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any stream is required for this MBA course. One has to have a completed degree from any recognized college or university with average marks of 50% aggregate.
- Few reputed colleges and universities rely on merit based admission process. The deserving candidates are selected through entrance exam which is followed by interviews. Few relevant entrance tests are XAT, MAT, CAT, JMET, ATMA and other institute-wise entrance exams.
• Std XII - Any Stream (Science/Arts/Commerce)
• Bachelor's degree - Transport and Logistics Course
• Goal - Managing Logistic Operations and Organizations