M.D. or Doctor of Medicine is a postgraduate Medicine course. The course is based on gaining an in-depth knowledge of one's chosen field of specialisation. The duration of the Doctor of Medicine course is 3 years of study including successful completion of an exam that covers both theoretical and practical elements.
The examination for M.D. is held at the end of 3 academic years which includes 6 academic terms. M.D. course is more practical oriented and research based as compared to M.B.B.S. Medical Council of India is the authority which approves and recognises various Institutes to provide Doctor of Medicine Degree Course.
- Eligibility for M.D. course is restricted to those holding the M.B.B.S. degree. The certification must be from a university that is acknowledged by the Medical Council of India.
- Percentage criteria may vary from institute to institute. Training is attained in medical disciplines which are non-surgical in nature such as Internal Medicine, Radiology, and Pathology etc. Rank obtained in an entrance examination forms the basis for admission.
- Some institutions may conduct a personal interview of the candidate.
• Std XII - Stream:PCB/Biotech & English
• Entrance Test - NEET-UG*
• Graduation - MBBS
• PG Entry & Course - NEET-PG**/CET-DNB***>MD/MS
• Goal - Doctor