Textile Chemistry Engineering is an undergraduate course. It is an applied form of chemistry, it is an application of basic knowledge of chemistry to perceive textile materials. Finally, the textile chemists will artistically alter the materials into different items that can be used for different purpose by manufacturers. Students can learn how to examine the various group of fibres that contain natural, synthetic and manufactured fibres. Students can also get a good knowledge of different textile fibres.
The course deals with the application of engineering and scientific principles to the design and control of all aspects of textile, fibre, products, apparel processes and machinery. These include man-made and natural materials, safety and health, the interaction of machines and materials, pollution and waste control, and energy conservation.
- 10+2 passed with minimum of 55% aggregate with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Some institutes and colleges conduct entrance examination for admission to M.Sc course.
- After completing the course one will get job in textile and fashion industries, including textile technologists, technical managers, product developers, quality control managers, and development and research managers.
- This course will help in pursuing further studies like M.Tech/M.E, PhD, M.Phil, etc.
- This degree will help in providing you with the knowledge and skills that are required for a professional career in textile and fashion industries, performance apparel, including sportswear, interior textile advanced technical material and automotive textiles.