Textile Technology is a textile engineering course. This course covers main research in synthetic and natural fibres even fabric and fibre properties. There is a huge coverage of processing technologies, that includes product development and design, fabric processing and yarn, finishing and coloration as well as environmental technology.
The subjects that are taught under this course are Yarn Formation, Chemical Processing of Textile, Fabric Formation, Textile Instruments and Testing, Textile Fibre, Computer Application in Textiles, Applied Mechanics, Design and Structure of fabric and more.
- 10+2 or equivalent passed with minimum of 55% aggregate with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Some institutes and colleges conduct entrance examination for admission to M.Sc course.
- This course syllabus also gets knowledge from other engineering disciplines like Electrical and Industrial, Mechanical, and Chemical Engineering.
- This course also includes an academic program that will prepare students for a career in development and manufacture of products in different applications like automotive, medicine, sports, aerospace, apparel and others and even careers in design.
- It is helpful for those who are having skills in design, chemistry, engineering, marketing/sales, computers, quality control and apparel.
- This course is also helpful for further studies in M.Tech.