B. Pharma - Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate pharmacy course. It is the science and art of preparing and dispensing medicines and drugs. It is four years course and it has 6-8 semesters, differing from one institute to another. This course gives valuable knowledge of biochemical science and health care. Students are supposed to perform some experiments along with theory classes.
Pharmacy profession and education in India up to Graduate level is regulated by the PCI (Pharmacy Council of India), a statutory body governed by the provisions of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 passed by the Indian Parliament. This Pharmacy degree will enable one to practice the profession of a Pharmacist. There are many recognized universities all over the world which offer online Pharmacy Degree course. Here are a few online pharmacy degree schools such as Kaplan University, University of Florida, Lehigh University, Grand Canyon University, Baker College, University of Liverpool.
- The student should have completed 10+2 or equivalent exams in Science and Maths(PCM), English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology(PCB) with at least 50% marks from a recognized Pre-University institution as one of the subjects or complete a D.Pharma.
- The admission is based on the minimum percentage of marks that may differ from one institute to another. In some institutes, it is also mandatory to give an entrance examination in order to get eligibility for the course.
- The minimum marks in 10+2 examination should be according to Regulation (1a) along with two years of D.Pharmacy course.
- Even there is an option of seeking direct Second Year Bachelor of Pharmacy (lateral entry) if one has scored 50% marks in aggregate in both First and Second year in D. Pharmacy Examination with a pass in HSC or equivalent with Biology (Zoology & Botany), Physics, and Chemistry or Mathematics.
- Student can seek a Master's Degree in Pharmacy which gives different specializations such as Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and more.
- After getting Pharmacy Degree, and registering with the state Pharmacy Council, a student can start their own Chemist or Pharmacy Shop to sell and stock medicines.