DM - Doctorate in Medicine is a super specialty Post Graduation degree course in the field of Medicine. It is an advanced level of degree. It is a 3 years course. The syllabus of this course includes Theoretical knowledge, clinical and practical skills, training in research methodology, attitudes including communication skills, and thesis skills. The examination of this course is held at the end of 3 academic years (6 academic terms). The training for this course is in the same pattern as for M.D. in a clinical discipline. Practical training includes Therapeutic and Laboratory techniques, advanced Diagnostics, relevant to the subject of specialization.
The Doctors those who are holding M.D. degree are eligible for this DM course. For this DM course the students will be selected strictly on academic merit basis.
For deciding the academic merit, the institution/university will adopt any one of the following procedures both for Diploma or Degree Course:
- Students will be selected on the basis of merit as decided by the competitive exams that is conducted by the state group/university of universities in the same state, or
- The student will be selected on the basis of merit as decided by a centralized competitive exam held at national level, or
- Admission is done by the State Government or a University or any other Authorized examining body, and the minimum percentage of marks for admission to postgraduate should be 50%.
- DM degree is a super specialization degree and it gives a big boost to one’s career and pride as well.
- Student will get advanced knowledge beyond their M.D. Degree base knowledge.