Industrial Engineering tackles the optimization of complex processes, organizations, or systems. It works to remove the waste of money, time, person-hours, materials, energy, machine time and many other resources that will not create value.
As per the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers, they can make engineering processes and systems that will improve the productivity and quality.
- 12th with Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics passed out students are eligible for 4 year industrial engineering.
- Admission is done with entrance exam and interview.
- Some colleges give admission on merit basis.
- Some colleges are giving admission on the basis of CAT and GATE results.
- Many manufacturing services and firm industries will provide jobs for industrial engineers.
- Industrial engineers are hired in the areas of Finance, Sales, Information systems, Marketing and Personnel.
- Apart from manufacturing sectors, railways, airlines, banks, hospital and many other firms will employ industrial engineers.