M.B.B.S. stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, It is an Undergraduate Academic Degree Course dealing with Medicine and Surgery. The Duration of M.B.B.S. course extends over a period of 4 ½ years which is divided into 9 semesters. Each semester is of 6 months duration. After the completion of academic study, a candidate has to complete 1 year of compulsory rotating internship.
Each semester consists of approximately 120 teaching days. All over, the duration of M.B.B.S. is 5 ½ years. M.B.B.S is required to become a Doctor in Allopathic Medicine. Candidates are given an in depth and proper knowledge of human body through theory, practical experience in dissection of bodies and observing various types of surgeries.
- The eligibility to join M.B.B.S is that a candidate should have scored more than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.
- To get medical school entry, one needs to appear for Common Entrance Test (CET) and All India Medical Entrance Examination (AIMEE). The candidate needs to appear for All India Pre Medical Entrance Test for admission to 15% of the total seats for medical and dental courses in all medical and dental colleges run by the Union of India. This test is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.
- A basic requirement for applying for medical entrance tests is that the student should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the year of admission. Upper age limit, where specified, is 25 years.
• Std XII - Stream PCB/Biotech & English
• Entrance Test - NEET-UG*
• Graduation - MBBS
• PG Entry & Course - NEET-PG**/CET-DNB***>MD/MS
• Goal - Doctor